Submit Your Signature to Wish Justin Berfield a Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Thanks for your help. Renaming the file didn´t work since it still said that I have already attached the file. And for some reason the attachment isn´t listed, so I couldn´t delete it. :( I´ll take another picture of my signature tommorow. Maybe this will help.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@Allison-See if it will let you upload it in the other sig thread for Justin (the original one in the tiki lounge.) If not, try taking the pict again.

osoq

Kay, here it is, and just to let everybody know in case they've been wondering...toothpaste is not the #1 writing choice! But I thought...hey jeff, let's be clever!", so I thought, "Toothpaste + Birthday Card = PHENOMENAL IDEA!" So I set to work...I have two different pictures of the same thing (almost), You choose which one to use.

Unfortunatley, they're big, so if that's a problem just tell me and I'll throw the 15 rollingstone songs (the way I measured time while working on this) I've worked through away and give you a basic chicken-scratched message.

Hopefully though you can use it! Now I'm off to watch toothpaste dry, should be fun, I'm killing two birds in one stone...or rather two toothpaste bottles in one day!!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Wildcat can decrease the size if you really want to use them, if you want to use them, use the first one. The ultimate decision is up to you. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks Allison, I'm glad you got it to work. And very creative osoq. :) I agree with J that the first one will probably be easier to see. I'll add those to the sig page!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, I've been so busy lately! Finals are next week; all I've been doing is studying. :( I can't keep up with you guys on this thread.

@Jeff we removed the episodes due to bandwidth problems, copyright issues, and abuse of them. And creative idea, but I was actually thinking the second one was better. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, ive obviously missed something, Rollingstones songs? what with that?

Love the design Jeff - if you dont mind ive done some editing, to make it clearer, but you dont have to use it it, just thought id give you the option, i wont be offended if you dont like it.

I edited in the cap of the botle and the toothbrush, and did the text typed and improved the 'h' in happy. and adjusted brightness and contrast.

osoq

tjpeople said:
Sorry, ive obviously missed something, Rollingstones songs? what with that?

Ignore it, I have a tendency to ramble a bit and not make myself completely clear. I said 15 Rolling Stones Songs because as I worked on it (Creating to Picture Taking to Editing), I was listening to the Stones and was my way of keeping track of how long it had taken me. I could have very easily said 40 minutes and I would have meant the same thing.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
TJ, you have time to edit other people's sigs, but you don't have time to submit your own? What's with that?! :D I can't approve it here so we'll have to wait on Sam or J.

osoq

Oh wow the edited version makes it look a LOT different. You should go with that one instead! I like it much better! Thanks for the edit!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
January 16 is no longer the tentative deadline. January 16 is now the permanent, for-sure, absolutely, gonna-happen, no exceptions deadline. As long as you have positive rep and are a regular contributor to the community, you're welcome to add your sig. We've abolished the post requirement, so go ahead and yours if you're a regular visitor. :)

I went past Target today so I decided to go in and see what I could find. They didn't have any good giant greeting cards, so I bought a few pieces of poster board. It's pretty big. :D Anyhow, it's blank, so I figured I'd just paste our message to it. (don't worry, I'm good with glue :)) but we need a front verse and probably some sort of a picture, and then an inside verse, and I'll throw all the sigs inside it too.

I'm thinking we should put the MITMVC logo somewhere too. Do we have a bitmapped version of that somewhere? Could David find one of those for us, possibly?

If you're creative, come up with some ideas. If you're good with words, send in the verses; if you like pictures, feel free to upload any ideas you have.

Keep the signatures coming, as well. This should be an excellent card. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sounds good Sam. I'm sure you'll do a great job putting it together. I'm no good with poetry/verses so hopefully someone else can come up with something good. What about glueing the image that I made to the outside of the card? Or would you rather that go on the inside?

Also, I gave you a stand alone copy of the MITMVC logo. Check the beginning of this thread (make sure that you print the second version of the design and logo that I sent because I had to correct the lower case M in both.) It's not exactly the same as the one at the top of the page, but close enough. I was thinking that you would put that the envelope somewhere as an eye catcher also. BTW, are you going to be able to find an evelope that's large enough to put it in?

As it stands we have 15 sigs so hopefully we'll make it 20 before this is over. BTW, don't print the first page out yet. I've made a slight change to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.