Your Favorite (Favourite) Character and Why

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the site Rumulox, I love you thinking. I agree with you that Dewey defiantly grows into Malcolm, however it's hard to say Malcolm is the 'sane' one in the family, he looks at himself that way sure, but it's plain from season 1 that he isn't.

Rumulox

You don't think so? I can't think of a single instance (besides his dealings with Julie Houlerman (which is for an entirely other reason)) of him acting in an abnormal or dumb way in the first season.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any times that he showed these traits in the second season either, but I could believe that he did some minor things at some points throughout.

Gill

My favorite character would have to be Malcolm. I can relate to him the most out of all the characters. He's was in a gifted class, so was I (only in the elementary school, middle and high school don't have gifted classes), I tend to be sarcastic, my parents expect me to do really well with everything, I usually keep picking on topics (like in "Company Picnic" when Malcolm kept asking a girl [I forgot her name...] about why she liked Gary Spindler over him), and I have an older sister (in Malcolm's case, he has two older brothers).

My second character would be Dewey because he's an interesting character. He's virtuoso, artistic, and imaginative. I probably wouldn't have thought of making a piano out of various household items! :lol:

Yasashii

My favourite character has always been Malcolm. I can relate to him in some ways. I'm sarcastic (some of my friends say I have a natural gift of beeing sarcastic), I always complain about stuff and I have mom, who freaks out about everything :rolleyes: Well... I'm not a genius (unfortunately) but I go to pretty good lyceum, and I'm the best at English in my class.

Last edited:

Identity

I like them all! But to pick a favorite I'd have to go with Hal. He always has such awesome story lines and the acting is brilliant from Cranston. Reese and Malcolm are close second and third, then probably Lois. Nothing against Dewey, Francis and Jamie, I don't relate to them as strongly as I do to the others.

Dew_Fan

Dewey

I think that all of the characters are great, but i am going to have to go with Dewey on this one. The first season he kinda seemed like a oddball, but as the show went on, you can see him grow into a well rounded individual. Even when I first started watching this show I have always liked Dewey, I think that it is because that I see a little Dewey in myself, a likeable kid with his head in clouds and really quite. Even when life gets you down, all i do is watch a little bit of Malcolm and see Dewey and everything seems to get better. Odd yes, but hey, can't help but speak your mind.

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
Definitely Dewey and Hal.

Dewey because he kind of lives in his own little world. Love that part (can't remember which exact episode it was)where the entire family is fighting and Dewey is just playing piano with his headphones on.

Hal because of his crazy obsessions.

Dew_Fan

Definitely Dewey and Hal.

Dewey because he kind of lives in his own little world. Love that part (can't remember which exact episode it was)where the entire family is fighting and Dewey is just playing piano with his headphones on.

Hal because of his crazy obsessions.

That has to be one of my favorite episodes, its so funny how he just gets lost in his little world.

cdc0205

favorite character

my favorites are Reese Dewey and Francis in that order

Reese is the tough guy of the family, but has a soft sweet side since he loves to cook. Even though he beats up his brothers he beats up kids who called Malcolm a weirdo and tried to save Dewey from being laughed at when he brought a purse to school.Not to mention he is the hottest brother.:wub::love: He is not book smart but is great at revenge and elaborate plans.(he does have his smart moments)

Dewey is sooo cute!!!!:D I love how he can trick his brothers and make other people(like in convention) love him. He was the youngest in the early seasons and was picked on the most. he grows up over the seasons and finds a love for music and makes his little brother a slave by being nice to him. in my opinion i think he wishes his family would pay more attention to him.

Francis is like a over grown kid but can be very hard working as well as lazy. I like him becuase of his will to prove to his mother that he can make something of himself.and i love piama and think Hal's birthday was a very interesting episode about them.

no offense to malcolm but he complains to much

Debra

I think this is one of the most perfectly cast shows to have ever existed. Each character is great! The men who played the four boys were perfection but my favorite is Dewey. That little kid is "Dry". Eric Per Sullivan could deliver a line with comedic genius. Three of my favorite episodes are "Water Park" where Dewey helps the baby sitter sort buttons and sing and dance to Abba. The episode where Dewey adopts the dog Marshmallow and the episode where Dewey watches Craig's cat. Another one of my favorite characters is Louis's mother. She is hilarious.

KissedByFire

Those two:
image.jpg