Your closest 'Malcolm experience'

samboo1

What has happened to you that you can imagine happening in MITM? You know how much trouble the boys get into and some of the things Lois and Hal get caught up in. Whats your closest experience to Malcolm style things?
Mine is getting chased for half an hour around the block by the one of the neighbours dogs.:eek: Im not a good runner either...I can imagine it happening to someone like Reese. Teasing it, thinking it would never get out...
And the classic background music pieces playing in the background...

I don't know although i know what it's like to be highly embarresed like Malcolm in the episode 'Humilithon' although that particular incident hasn't happened to me (yet!!)

elstarry

My closest malcolm experience has to be...when i was bouncing on the bed with my brother and my cousin and all at the same time we hit our heads! like all at the same time! It was so funny cos we all had lumps on our heads for hours!

anit

Mine's too embarassing to mention but it was a Malcom kind of situation; you know when he does something that seems fine at the time but then quickly realises it was a huge mistake?

cool experiences but i've reallised i've been annoyed with people like Malcolm. Also i've faced nasty people or person in my experience. An annoyuing girl called ***CENSORED NAME*** though i still hate her, she's not as annoying as she used to be!! Noi wway!! She has a protruding bum, it's sick!!

Malcoholic

My "Malcolm experience" left me unable to watch reruns of the "Softball" episode. I was recently severely mauled by a vicious dog, and this made the story about Reese and Francis being mauled by attack dogs too painful for me to watch. The worst part for me is not the attacks themselves, which take place off camera, but rather that Dewey is shown as enjoying watching Reese being mauled. Because of my unusual awareness of how horrible that experience can be, my reaction to that scene is that Dewey actually hates his brother, which can't be what the writers intended, and which is a deal-breaker for any regular Malcolm viewer.

It's a case of "it's funny unless it happens to you."

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Malcoholic said:
My "Malcolm experience" left me unable to watch reruns of the "Softball" episode. I was recently severely mauled by a vicious dog, and this made the story about Reese and Francis being mauled by attack dogs too painful for me to watch. The worst part for me is not the attacks themselves, which take place off camera, but rather that Dewey is shown as enjoying watching Reese being mauled. Because of my unusual awareness of how horrible that experience can be, my reaction to that scene is that Dewey actually hates his brother, which can't be what the writers intended, and which is a deal-breaker for any regular Malcolm viewer.

It's a case of "it's funny unless it happens to you."

That's horrible! I'm glad you're ok now. You're right, stuff like that seems funny on tv, but in real life it's terrible when it happens.

Malcoholic

Actually, this dog experience is also related to the "Christmas Trees" episode, where Craig gets bitten by a squirrel, and everyone makes a big deal out of trying to catch the squirrel to test it for rabies, otherwise, they say, Craig will have to undergo a horribly painful series of vaccine shots to the belly. The fact is that those famously horrific shots to the belly are a thing of the past, as I was relieved to learn in the emergency room. The rabies vaccine is now administered on the arm over several weeks, and the shots are not painful. So it really wasn't all that big a deal to catch that squirrel.