Wilkerson Awards

Gozatron

I was thinking maybe we could do a Forum award thing. Other forums i have been on do this sort of thing. You have cartergories say best avatar or funniest person and people vote on nominees in each catergorie via PM
the winner of each catergory then gets a special baner made by an alteration designer or maybe a special rank.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That's a great idea, Gozatron!:) But I think we are gonna have to wait until Yardgames and all the mods(TJ, Christina, J) are around so they can decided to do something like that.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Not many of you may remember, but at one time, the forums did have medals to give out. (me and Sam had ALL of them) TJ had all of them too, and we must be the only 3 to remember it, because Davey boy took them out to do something with them. As you can see, they never came back. :D When Sam comes back, we''ll see if he can bring them back.

Gozatron

I dont think medals are such a good thing
Like a sort of awards ceremony once a year is more exicting than being just given a medal every couple of months and a signuture banner look better than a medal :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I'm told that this version of vBulletin no longer supports medals. I can look into it and see if there's some sort of add-in or plug-in we can install if you guys are interested. We did have a number of medals, including contests and best member voting about a year ago, but one of the reasons they never came back is because as a forum (must have been around Wave 3) we agreed we were better off without them because they just encouraged people to make spammy posts to try and get medals rather than good and thoughtful posts. Nonetheless, the good thing about the Best Member Award was that as a forum we decided who, overall, was the best member--new, old, or anywhere in between. Didn't matter how many posts you had made, but rather the quality of those posts. Why don't you guys discuss what you really want and we'll see what we can make happen. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
"Medals" sound pretty cool to me. Like Gozatron had, we could have a medal for funniest person here at the VC, maybe even a best thread medal, etc. There's so many we can do!:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I checked and medals don't come with the forum--they're a hack--that is, an add-on--that David installed separately. I don't know if it's compatible with this version of vBulletin yet but it's a moot point because I don't have server access so I can't install a hack. Sorry. :( But you guys could organize some kind of contest for banners if you wanted.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Sounds great. I want you guys to be the ones that organize this so decide amongst yourselves which awards you want to have and then Mike can design your sigs and post them here and you can decide if you like them and who gets which designs.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Sounds cool.:) Umm...let's see....well, I agree with Gozatron(I think it was him) who said something about like a funniest member award. Another one we could have(for the new people) is best new member, based on threads/posts, etc. We could have a "most helpful" member, which is pretty self explanatory unless your an idiot.:D
Anyways, those are just a few ideas. What do you guys think?