Whats wrong with this picture...?

Dewey

Minimalistic
I thought this was pretty cool. Its a bit like the picture that Caroline shows to Malcolm in the "Pilot" episode of MITM. They are also used by psychologists to determine IQ.

Simply follow the link below. Lets see who here can spot all the mistakes in this photograph. You also get some hints if you have your volume nice and loud too.

http://www.tekzoned.com/whatswrong/

Don't leave hints in this thread, as it may spoil the puzzle for others.

arach

I got it.

Spoiler for Solution:
The windows have no curtains, somebody forgot to close the laptop, the floor and the chairs are made out of wood so it would make huge scratches in the floor, there is no lampshade hanging down from the ceiling (that's what they need the candles on the left for), they have an invisible dog (it's sitting in the dog basket, you can only see his black nose tip), the curtain bars are not the same because their spirals are asymmetrical, the picture in the middle looks awful (a street in winter, ah come on!), and, finally, every 35.5 seconds the room magically changes into some crying person with black eyes.

I knew that one before, it's pretty old. The first time I startled, but that was years ago.

Emrysgirl

arach said:
I got it.

Spoiler for Solution:
The windows have no curtains, somebody forgot to close the laptop, the floor and the chairs are made out of wood so it would make huge scratches in the floor, there is no lampshade hanging down from the ceiling (that's what they need the candles on the left for), they have an invisible dog (it's sitting in the dog basket, you can only see his black nose tip), the curtain bars are not the same because their spirals are asymmetrical, the picture in the middle looks awful (a street in winter, ah come on!), and, finally, every 35.5 seconds the room magically changes into some crying person with black eyes.

I knew that one before, it's pretty old. The first time I startled, but that was years ago.
Spoiler for mentions specifics from arach's spoiler:
Those are more things that are wrong with the people living there rather than the picture itself. Maybe it's just a crappy apartment. And I thought the dog's nose was an electric outlet. Is there anything actually wrong with the picture(apart from the screaming person of course)? Or is it completely a joke?

Dewey

Minimalistic
Emrysgirl said:
Spoiler for mentions specifics from arach's spoiler:
Those are more things that are wrong with the people living there rather than the picture itself. Maybe it's just a crappy apartment. And I thought the dog's nose was an electric outlet. Is there anything actually wrong with the picture(apart from the screaming person of course)? Or is it completely a joke?
Spoiler for Mentions specifics about Emrysgirl's spolier that mentions specifics about Arach's spolier - which all reveal the answer to the original puzzle:
To my knowlede, there are no actual mistakes in the photograph. Its just a joke. Maybe there are some that i don't know about though, to which please let us know.

The ones highlighted by Arach are more lifestyle mistakes - rather than logical ones - although, if i was this appartment occupant, i'd maybe see someone for assistance about my bohemian lifestyle.

Anyways - no real mistakes - only a nice screaming woman (we all like to see a nice screaming woman from time to time) -
But i do still have red paint all over my ass!

arach

Spoiler for You are a genious!:

Of course there is nothing really wrong with the picture. That just makes you concentrate and fixating more, so that you startle more.

And, Dewey, you really think that the same joke works twice? (I'm referring to your shoutbox entry) It has almost the same address AND the whole layout of the page is the same. Or did you just do that for the ones who didn't read the thread?

I guess we can stop writing in spoilers. If someone is that stupid to read fifteen posts before he checks the link himself, it's his own fault. ;)

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
it's not one of those things were you concentrate real hard for a real long time, then a scary face suddenly pops up out of nowhere is it? omg i hate those.. i did one disguised as "where's waldo"... i had nightmares for the next week.. i hate those...

arach

gottaluvem said:
it's not one of those things were you concentrate real hard for a real long time, then a scary face suddenly pops up out of nowhere is it? omg i hate those.. i did one disguised as "where's waldo"... i had nightmares for the next week.. i hate those...
Nooo, its not one of those. ;)