What do you want to be?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Since most of us are in high school or the first years of college, I was wondering what everyone would like to do "when they grow up?" I think that I'm leaning toward being an science teacher (please don't hurt me! :D ) I despise chemistry, but I really like the natural sciences. I've taken some geology and astronomy classes and it facinates me. Living by the coast, I've always been interested in the ocean and meteorology too. Teaching middle or high school would be kinda cool too, I think. I don't think I could do elementary though because I don't really like little kids. :D Either that or maybe doing something professional with one of the sciences. Maybe I could move to Hawaii and be a volcanologist. :D I also really like photography and stuff like that, but it's really more of a hobby so I doubt that I'll do anything with it.

So that's me, what about you guys?

reese35

I'm pretty sure you've read my threads on news and whatnot, so you know what I wanna go into. Specifically, I wanna become an anchor because it's my favorite profession of the news - just sitting there, giving the stories. I've been in my 8th grade TV production team and was anchor on select weeks before moving to Mondays. One of the basic perks - sign-ons and sign-offs like...

"Stand by, America, the news is now."
"Hello, all, thanks for spending time with us. I'm Mike Parson. First big story on the list..."
"For the entire team, I'm Mike Parson. Thanks for putting us on your dial. Until we meet again, ciao for now."

Just for future reference, if you take these, I'll hunt you down! ;) :p

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I told you I thought you could do something wiht kids, Christina. You remind me of every babysitter I had. :D

I want to do something in TV production, I think.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
All these TV people--should I get your autographs now before you get all famous and snobby? ;)

Hmp! I don't like little kids so I'm no good with babysitting. They're too needy, they cry too much and they always have runny noses. :D I don't think of high school students as kids though (yet, anyway.) At least you guys don't cry all the time (well, most of you. :D )

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Let me see if I can spell this with out my google spell check: :D

I'm going to be an Aeronautical Engineer (Yes, I did it! :D) ever hear of a man named Kelly Johnson? He designed the U-2, SR-71, and a few other aircraft used by the military that are "classified". I'm going to work for Lockheed Martin (The company that did the F-16, F-22, F-35, U-2, SR-71, P-80, A-12, F-117, C-17, C-5, C-130, F-90, F-104, F-38, and I think that's it). The only ones in use today though are the F-16, F-35, F-22, C-5, C-17, C-130, F-117, and possibly the SR-71. Let's just say I know the Company History. :D Then I figure after I retire from that I'll use all the money I saved and run for President.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ambitious, ambitious.

@Wildcat, I'll never be rich and snotty. Or, at least I hope not. I don't want to be an anchor anyhow so I'll never be famous. If I get rich, I'll switch professions, I swear.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Well that's good that you won't get snobby. Stephen Spielburg is a producer and he's rolling in money. Of course, that's movies and you want to do TV. Being rich is a good thing, just don't get snobby and look down on everyone else. :)

Yes, high ambitions indeed Justin. Well, you have my vote when you run for pres. Of course, you'll probably start all kinds of wars with other countries cause you think that kind of stuff is "fun." Only, you'll make everyone carry crowbars instead of guns. :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I wouldn't arm them with crowbars, they'd have laser rifles and hover tanks! :D Now that is ambitious, lasers and such. Reagan wanted them in the 80's and we still don't have them... But other then that, you are correct. :D

samboo1

I want to be an actress, i have ever since i knew what one was :D Probably wont happen like, but i wouldnt know what i would wanna do if it wasnt in the drama career. I love it:)

Reesegurl

I know I 'm going to change my mind a million times before I leave school, but I think I want to be something like a photographer or do something like a camera person for telly! I love cameras and digital stuff like that, so I'll see what happens. I'd love to move to America and be behind the cameras for loads of films!!!:D
My friends and family said I should do modelling or something, but I'm too shy for being in front of the cameras!! But models are usually stuck up anyway!!!:p

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Something I say that suprises my whole family is that I don't want to attend college, which i don't. I just have no interest at all in going. When I get out of high school in a year and a half, I am seriously thinking about entering the Army for a few years, and maybe see if I can go to the Middle East and fight the terrorists.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Really, same here. :D Except it would be in the Navy. I'd be on some submarine or something firing Tomahawks inland or something similar *cough cough nukes cough* and... yeah. I went nowhere with this post... :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
Good for you, Tony. If I tried that, I'd probably have a real life Reese Comes Home escapade. :D

Yeah, same here. I'm definitely not military material. I couldn't deal with people yelling at me and telling me what to do all the time. :D But I admire those who pledge their service to our country.

J., if you go in the Navy you'll probably be stationed here in Norfolk. It's the world's largest Naval base. That's why there's so many freakin' people here. :D

simon_4420

I think what I want to be is called a "beach bum":D , I can't see myself doing anything serious until i'm much older. But sadly there aren't any decent beaches in the UK, so I would have to get a job to move somewhere where I could be a beach bum, which kinda defeats the hole beach bum image I've been dreaming of since when ever I thought of it... So I guess I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I know I have to choose something soon as I finish school for EVER in afew months:)eek: ), may join some kind of service like the armed services or civil like the prison service, pays well:D which is always good

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Now a beach bum is profession that I could see myself enjoying quite a lot. I even have a beach close by to do it on. :D If only I could just win the lottery....

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I will still have Internet cause after I win the lottery I'll buy a huge house by the ocean, then I'll be able to check the boards from my laptop while I'm sitting on the beach. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Architect. Il will be the world biggest Architect, and will own my own designed house on every contenant. :D