The "Beverly Hills" dislike thread

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Not the place..well..guess the place is just as bad..but this thread is for people who intensly dislike that damned piece of crap "Beverly Hills" by Wheezer. I just cant stand the damned thing! It annoying and should be banned from U.S airwaves. The lyrics include:"Beverly Hills, thats were I want to be!" Ok then, if you want to want to be in Beverly Hills, then go to Beverly f'ing hills! Damn, quit whining about it!
I pray Im not alone in this. Who agrees with me?:Angry:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I actually strongly disagree with you. I don't particularly like the song, but it should certainly not be banned! That would be an infringement on the free rights that make America such a great place to live. Furthermore, I thought it fit great with the plot of Malcolm's Money. You have a lot of strong opinions about things, Tony, and that's ok, but remember that not everyone has the same opinions as yourself, and that's ok to. That said, I warn anyone who replies to this thread to be careful with what they say so as not to insult anyone or this thread will be closed immeidately. However, I am choosing to leave it open and up for discussion at this moment.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I wouldn't say that i love this soong, either, I just don't care. And if you look at other songs, there are many in which the artist expresses some kind of desire (like going to some special place).

ajpp16

i quite like it actualy and + its only a song so the words arnt necessarily true i.e. he might not actualy want to go to beverly hills...its just the lyrics to the song. just my opinion though :)

samboo1

I dont have anything against it. Singing allows people to express their feelings in the lyrics...that's what Wheezer are doing. Anyway, it's interesting to know your views Tony.

simon_4420

There has been plenty worse songs that definately should of been banned (but not beverly hills in my opinion,lol), such as that really bad song, think it was "Acon- Mr ..(something or other)". That was bad. I hate to think just how many childrens minds were warped just from that one song lol:D

I'm sure it made it to number 1 in the charts, and so did that Crazy frog song, thats another that in my opinion should of been banned..

samboo1

simon_4420 said:
There has been plenty worse songs that definately should of been banned (but not beverly hills in my opinion,lol), such as that really bad song, think it was "Acon- Mr ..(something or other)". That was bad. I hate to think just how many childrens minds were warped just from that one song lol:D

I'm sure it made it to number 1 in the charts, and so did that Crazy frog song, thats another that in my opinion should of been banned..
Akon-Mr Lonely ? I think that's the one you mean. I liked it at first but got annoying really fast!
And the Crazy Frog has gone too far! T-shirts, games, albums! No way!

simon_4420

samboo1 said:
Akon-Mr Lonely ? I think that's the one you mean. I liked it at first but got annoying really fast!
And the Crazy Frog has gone too far! T-shirts, games, albums! No way!

Lol, I know what you mean. That damn Crazy Frog ruined the Beverly Hills Cop films (not that I was a great fan, but thats not the point) as it was a remix of the tittle music used in the films. Atleast I think so anyway, its been awhile since I heard it and even longer since I saw any of the Beverly Hills Cop films. But all I remember is that I hated it! and the adverts......... That got to be just a joke, it was every other advert in T.v I had to just watch the BBC as they don't have adverts. It's got me all worked up just thinking about how stupid it got, lol

ajpp16

i actually bought the crazy frog album,.......wot a mistake that was!!!!! we actualy had the orignal video of it without the song a few years back at school on the network when i was in yr 9 (im now in yr 12 u do the maths:p ) which i loved but then they brought out the single and all the merchandise n stuff...wsa just way too much! that akon song i liked at first as well but now i cant stand it (or any of his other songs)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
"The Beverly Hills Dislike Thread"... lol you must really despise the song :D

On the topic of songs we don't like, do any of you like Ashlee Simpson? She is on my Most Hated list, especially her "Boyfriend" song which the radio station plays EVERY DAY since it came out :mad:. I also can't stand the Foo Fighters - "Best Of You" they used to play every day as well, and everyone else at work likes that song so it always had to be up really loud. I also hate their song "Times Like These". Those are the only 2 I've heard apart from their new one which I don't like either.

admin

Retired Administrator
I'm a little lost here, is the Beverly Hills song the original poster is talking about the theme tune to Beverly Hills Cops with Eddie Murphy, or is it something completly different. The thread seems to be talking cross purposes.

simon_4420

That kind of my fault, I mentioned I didn't like the crazy frog song which is a remix of the Beverly Hills Cop theme tune, which is totally seperate from the actually tread about disliking the song Beverly Hills - by Wheezer

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@blinddevil-Well, my HUGE dislike for the song started when it came out and since they play it THREE TIMES A DAY! It's just...I cant explain it, I just cant stand the damned thing!
And also, I have seen all three Beverly Hills Cop movies, and those are great. I love all three of them. Eddie was terrific in all three.

D

Deleted member 1693

Well... it isn't played on the radio nearly as much these days. I don't really have anything against the song.

There's worse crap out there now. And let's just say that instead of three times a day, they're played as frequently as legally possible.

AlexTheMartian

The song is alright, but I would not want to hear it a lot (the album however is pretty good :)) ... it is sort of like overplayed pop-ish songs by blink-182 like All The Small Things, yet that still remains to be my favorite band from elementary school till almost finishing college :eek:hmy:

However, I almost was able to be in the "Beverly Hills" music video that was filmed at the Playboy Mansion, the reason I did not is because I saw the post asking for fans to come be in it about 2 days AFTER it happened :sad:. But I do know someone online that was in the music video, lol. I liked that video.