The actual house location. Part 2

wando

hi all,
im back from my vacation and have a few pics of the house, and one of me if anyones interested!!!

unfortunatetly the house was bieng painted the first time i went, but i went a second time, so i have pics of both.
Enjoy!

the first two pics are before, the first time i went, and the last few after, obv.

thanks for looking anyways,
looking forward to your feedback!

YesExactly

awsome..you fount it! actually i liked it more it with a lil more plants and jungle-like trees in the front yard..mhh, i wonder if they really do block parties..

wando

the US is really cool man. i love california, and i would love to move there and work in one of the studios there.
i actually went last august to anaheim, vegas, and san fransisco, but this time i stayed in hollywood an also went to vegas for 2 nights. when i went in august we went to warner bros studio tour and watched a little bit of "posiden" bieng filmed, so when i went back i had to watch it! not that good really. i only watched it in graumanns because i saw it in warner bros. but we went on the same studio tour in warner again and seen eddie murphy filming sumthing called "norbit" or something like that. the guide says hes playing multiple charactors in that like some of his others.
i went up the hollywood sign, OMG! what a view, absolutly spectacular, and to top it off seeing malcolms house. i actually had a tear in my eye when i was leaving it (how sad!)
anyways nice place thanks for asking. if anyone would like the pics enlarged of the house, i took a load!!, just PM and i will send!

i also bout season 1 DVD of malcolm finally!!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That is so awesome Chris! Thanks for the pics. I'm glad you got to see it. It looks great with the new color and manicured lawn. Though the overgrown bushes and dead grass will always hold a special place in my heart. :D Hey, do you think now that you've seen it you could point out which one it is in the sattelite view above (so we can end our debate about it? :D ) Glad you had a great time!

Alfista Junior

That's awesome.
Did you try to meet the owners of the house? It would have been fun, but considering the number of people who take pictures of their house, they probably got fed up.

I should have also given you Brian's address in Sherman Oaks, but I forgot..

Thanks for the pics anyway.

PS: Did you try to visit CBS studios?

wando

hi there, well, when i first turned up there was a car right outside the house, so i got a few shots with the car there, but i wasnt 100% that it was the right house. then the owner came out and i shouted over from the car that i was in was this the house from Malcolm in the Middle, and she said yes. she looked right moody, and she got in the car and left. I can only think that many people do go past and take pictures. i really wanted to ask her could i have a walk around her house!!! but i never!

CBS is literally round the corner from the house and i did take some photos there, but as no tourists are allowed there, there are basically some gates and it says CBS. no frills like warner bros.

Also, in beverly hills there is a Maple Drive, nice road

wando

for anyone interested MITM was filmed in CBS sound stages 11 and 21. i have attached a map below.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Sounds like an awesome vacation, Chris--much better than mine last year; all I saw in Yosemite was trees. :D I thought you were from the US--I don't know why I thought that--where are you from? And that's not at all what I would have imagined you to have looked like. Of course, when you use Dewey as your avatar, I start to form an image of you that looks like Dewey. :D Who did you go on the trip with?

You're right, it would have been awesome to go inside the house--that grumpy lady could probably make money selling tours. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Wando-That makes no sense. So MITM, a FOX show, was filmed at a CBS studio? Aren't those two stations(and all other tv stations, to be exact) rivals? Why would CBS let FOX use one of their studios?:confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You've never heard this story? MITM was filmed at CBS because when taping began there wasn't any additional space at the Fox studios so they rented from CBS and never moved it when they had available space. I would assume it's fairly normal to rent space from another station if necessary. And I also believe CBS is the largest, making it an attractive choice for overfill space.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Huh. Thanks for telling me, yardgames. I never knew that.
On a side note, you KNOW CBS is really smug. I can view the FOX guys calling CBS right now:

FOX-We...uhhh....need some space to film a show.
CBS(in that British laugh tone)-MUHAAAHAA! Soooo, you come to us, hm?
FOX-Uh..yeah.
CBS-I guess you can film your little show here. MUHAHHAHAHA!

...Sorry.:D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the pics. The house looks so different newly painted and with grass and greenery that's actually green :D

It would have been cool to have seen the inside too, but it sounds as though you did the right thing not asking! I bet they get lots of fans doing that though, so it would certainly be annoying for them.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
It looks a bit cartoony compared to the tv house, i surpose it all the green im not used to. Many thanks for taking pictures, your real lucky visiting!

Its not sad to have a tear in your eye, i might too.

I surpose if you did go in there would be no couch or table?!

ReMoss85

Yeah, how would that work? Did the crew have to bring in furniture every time they wanted to shoot? How much would have been the owners'? But that raises the question again, how much did they actually film inside the real house? I forget if we had an answer to that one.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Good question, I've been wondering that myself. I guess it's another of the many mysteries of MITM that we'll have to attempt to figure out ourselves :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
ReMoss85 said:
Yeah, how would that work? Did the crew have to bring in furniture every time they wanted to shoot? How much would have been the owners'? But that raises the question again, how much did they actually film inside the real house? I forget if we had an answer to that one.

I think when they were filming inside of the house, Fox owned it so everything inside that was on the show (furnature, pictures, etc.) probably just stayed there throughout the duration of the filming. I'm pretty sure no one lived there then. I think they sold it to the new owners sometime around season 6, then they did all of their filming on a stage that was set up to look just like the inside of the house. I read somewhere that they still did some of the filming there after that, but it was only when they were doing outside scenes.