Stars/Ranks New Design - Your Thoughts?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Hey TJ - are you going to create some kind of star system based on post count like we had on the old forum? Right now everyone just has a big red X under their name where the pics should go. Not a big deal...just wondering... :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Erm..what are your talking about? You talking about the green rep points? Cuase we have thoose already....we never had stars on the old VB forum. Yardgames forum did but thats different software.

Personally i think rep points (which are effected by post count but not only post count) and the fact that it shows post count next to your posts is enought? its exactly like we had on the OLD Vbulletin forum.

I dont see any red 'x' - show me a screen shot of what your talking about.

but if people want some other system - i could look into it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
No, not the rep system - I'm talking about the stars that would change as people's post count increased. David had them on the original forum. Like new members would have 1 star, 50-post members would have 2 and so on. Then when someone got into the really high numbers they got dancing stars like yardgames did when he got to 2000 posts. Apparently you can't see the red X if you're using Firefox - only in IE. Here's what I'm talking about:

stars.gif

I should be using firefox more, then I wouldn't notice it. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
OH! I remeber now!

Ill look into it. There shouldnt be a dead image thats strange.

Ill see if i can get them back.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
As you may have noticed I have implamented a "star" or what vb calls a ranks sytem.

little malcolm heads that progress with posts.

What do people think?

Be honest I wont be offended.

reese35

OK, well, I use Firefox, so I wouldn't know about those red X's. The new star/Malcolm head thing.... ok, it's good, but I think weird to see 5 Malcolms giving the classic "huh?" look. Maybe a combo Frankie-Justin-Erik-Bryan-Jane thing could be a little more... crazy. (in a good way)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ive had another though.

Currently we have users labelled "junior member" senior member" etc

How about we have a complete overhaul (including stars/rank images)

in a Lucky Aide style way.

New members could be something like "New Employee" then after so many post they would be "Full Employee" "Deputy Manager" = mods "Manager"/Owner = admins

And isntead of frankie heads for you post count progressing you could have lucky aide logo's

or something like that....thoughts?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I think it looks awesome. :) The heads are a lot better than the stars.

Reese35, I had the exact same idea.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Ive had another though.

Currently we have users labelled "junior member" senior member" etc

How about we have a complete overhaul (including stars/rank images)

in a Lucky Aide style way.

New members could be something like "New Employee" then after so many post they would be "Full Employee" "Deputy Manager" = mods "Manager"/Owner = admins

And isntead of frankie heads for you post count progressing you could have lucky aide logo's

or something like that....thoughts?

That's an interesting idea :) It fits the forum too.