South Park

reese35

Does anyone here watch South Park?
1629.jpg

For those of you that don't know, it's a show revolving around 4 foul-mouthed 4th graders - Stan Marsh (Often the straight man of the group. Generally good-natured and clear thinking, he usually tries to come up with logical solutions to their outrageous situations.), Kyle Broflovski (High-strung [thanks in part to his overbearing mother] and skeptical, yet the most easily persuadable.), Eric Cartman (Campy, aggressive, sadistic, bigoted, spoiled, overweight, rude, and antagonistic…although often the funniest in the ensemble.), and Kenny McKormick (Obsessed with sex and bathroom humor, his speech is difficult to understand due to his hood closed around his face.) It currently resides at the corner of Comedy Central Blvd. and Syndication Ln. (if you know what I mean). I started watching last weekend, and now I like the show that broke all boundries of animation. (I'm still gonna watch Malcolm!) How about you, huh?

samboo1

Ive never watched it but i have heard of it. Everyone in my form goes on about it. 4th grade...im guessing thats young? Well i might check it out sometime. Its sounds cool.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
nice show, but the humor is sometimes quite heavy (but if you like that like i do, you'll love the show)

Jimmy Junior

I started watching South Park about 7 years ago, just after it started being aired in the UK.
Although like all adult cartoons it has lost some of it's original magic (the addition of fancy computer-animated fire and explosions is a far cry from the first series, which was animated by moving bits of paper around), it has still held up remarkably well after so many episodes.

p3simpson

I like south Park but I haven't watched it recently. I like Malcolm In The Middle better. Malcolm In the middle is my fourth favorite show.

jsapreston

I personally think South Park has improved as the series have progressed.

Although it was amusing trying to predict how Kenny would die every episode and watching the deliberately appalling animation I like how they have modernised and added depth to the show. I think its more amusing to see pre school animation interleaven with modern high definition CG and more imaginative ways for Kenny to suffer. I also love how they've developed Cartmans character into an increasingly manipulative and conniving beast

reese35

jsapreston said:
I also love how they've developed Cartman's character into an increasingly manipulative and conniving beast.

You should have seen him in Scott Tenorman Must Die. You see, that episode teaches you one very important lesson...

DON'T SCREW WITH ERIC CARTMAN!

reese35

In syndication, it's TV-14. On Comedy Central, it's TV-MA, but it's harmless once you get used to it. On CC, it airs Monday-Thursday @ 9:30, with new episodes Wednesdays at 10. On WRDQ 27, where I live, it's a full hour Mon-Fri @ 11. You can find episodes airing in where you live at www.southparkstudios.com.

samboo1

Oh right, TV-MA? Im guessing the TV-14 means you have to be 14 but i dunno what the MA means.:eek: Thanks for telling me though:D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I used to watch south park all the time, but not that much anymore. It's still good for a laugh every once in awhile though. The Jesus/Satan episodes kind of turned me off. I'm not deeply religous or anything, but it just seems wrong to joke about stuff like that to me.

Like Yardgames said, TVMA is meant for people who are 18 and over. It usually means there are a lot of references to sex and lot of bad language. Most everyone who watches it is under 18 though. :)

samboo1

O right, thanks for telling me YG and Wildcat. I never expected south park to be for over 18's. I thought maybe 15's. Does anyone actually pay attention to the age ratings? Maybe a few but i think most dont.

Reesegurl

I LOVE South Park!!!!!!!!!! Its sooo funny, but they are so cruel sometimes! Someone said its not for people who don't swear but I NEVER swear and I watch it! Its really funny but they can go really cruel at times. No one is spared from being made fun of!!! Thats probably what makes it so good though.:)

Respect may athoritay!!! *Cartman, south park*

reese35

Never mind - The Comedy Network, Fridays at 9:30 eastern. In the States (Comedy Central), we're on the 2nd half of the 9th season; you guys are on the beginning of the 9th, I'm sure.

reese35

THIS JUST IN!
As TV Guide and USA cable network TV Land are teaming up to bring the 100 most unexpected TV moments, one South Park episode - "It Hits the Fan" - hits #93. All for saying one word 162 times - average at 8 per minute. I can't say it here, because there's young people present. But you can see details here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Hits_the_Fan