Series Finale Ratings

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Malcolm in the Middle (Fox) – Series Finale - Sun. 8:30 p.m.
Overnights: 4.7/ 7 (#4), Viewers: 7.46 million (#4), A18-49: 3.4/ 9 (#3)

Leading into the Malcolm in the Middle season-finale on Fox were a repeat of The Simpsons (Overnights: #4, 2.9/ 6; Viewers: #4, 3.68 million; A18-49: #4, 1.8/ 6), King of the Hill (Overnights: #4, 3.2/ 6; Viewers: #4, 5.03 million; A18-49: #3, 2.4/ 8), and the regularly scheduled edition of The Simpsons (Overnights: #4, 5.5/ 9; Viewers: #4, 8.29 million; A18-49: #2, 3.9/11) from 7-8:30 p.m. Following Malcolm was Family Guy (Overnights: #4. 5.3/ 8; Viewers: #4, 8.02 million; A18-49: #3, 3.8/ 9) and American Dad (Overnights: #4, 4.5/ 6; Viewers: #4, 6.72 million; A18-49: #4, 3.1/ 7) at typical levels from 9-10 p.m.

A good audience, not great but what we expected. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I don't blame Malcolm at all for a low number. Maybe if they had some PROMOTION FOR THE FINALE(back me up here, Reese35!), the number would have been better!

ReMoss85

Did anybody see any promotion at all for the series finale? I watch Fox fairly regularly and saw none whatsoever. Even in the commercials for the Fox sunday night lineups where they list the shows at the end, I never saw one with Malcolm listed. Not even ten seconds before it aired, over the simpsons credits like there normally is!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Nice numbers, not a patch on 26mill but hey, the episdoe wasnt as good as the pilot.

Where did you get those numbers tyno?

AlexTheMartian

ReMoss85 said:
Did anybody see any promotion at all for the series finale? I watch Fox fairly regularly and saw none whatsoever. Even in the commercials for the Fox sunday night lineups where they list the shows at the end, I never saw one with Malcolm listed. Not even ten seconds before it aired, over the simpsons credits like there normally is!
I seen a few commericals for the fanale, actually seen the commercial 3 or 4 times on days leading up to Sunday, but maybe that was just in Los Angeles. Basicly all it showed was the family yelling at each other covered in what i thaught was mud at the time (i know kow exactly what it is, lmao). I forget what the anouncer said.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I would LOVE to be that announcer-voice-guy on TV, wouldn't you? That would be like the best job EVER!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I don't care if it would cost me the job, but if I was the announcer Id get the word out on Malcolm at every oppurtunity. I could be doing a commercial for 24 and Id say something like this:
"Be sure to watch the season finale of 24 tonight on FOX....Oh, and be very, very, sure to not miss another episode of the greatest show on tv, Malcolm in the Middle, also this week, on FOX!" :D

reese35

I think my voice is pretty decent. Capable for network and syndicated programming. I'm still on the same page w/ Tony. Bigger the promotion, bigger the numbers! (Like "New Malcolm. Fox Sunday @ 7, 6 c-m." or "The final episode of Malcolm in the Middle. Fox Sunday 8:30, 7:30 c-m".) But, too late now. :(:rolleyes:

AlexTheMartian

reese35 said:
I think my voice is pretty decent. Capable for network and syndicated programming. I'm still on the same page w/ Tony. Bigger the promotion, bigger the numbers! (Like "New Malcolm. Fox Sunday @ 7, 6 c-m." or "The final episode of Malcolm in the Middle. Fox Sunday 8:30, 7:30 c-m".) But, too late now. :(:rolleyes:
you guys seriously got no advertising where you live? becuase in Los Angeles i saw commercials for it all throughout the week leading up to it. and not an just anouncements, actual commercials with clips from the show. Is MITM more popular in Los Angeles or something? after all the show is based on here.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im being serious, there was NOTHING about the finale AT ALL. Nada. Zip. If it wasn't for the Voting Community, I wouldn't even have known it was the final episode. The only finale promotions around here were for "That 70's Show". But as for Malcolm? Nothing.:mad:

AlexTheMartian

tony_montana said:
Im being serious, there was NOTHING about the finale AT ALL. Nada. Zip. If it wasn't for the Voting Community, I wouldn't even have known it was the final episode. The only finale promotions around here were for "That 70's Show". But as for Malcolm? Nothing.:mad:
then it was a local thing... any other cities advertised? or is L.A. the only place that did?

Ryebeach

AlexTheMartian said:
then it was a local thing... any other cities advertised? or is L.A. the only place that did?
I tried to watch FOX more regulary than usual the week leading up to the finale to see how much advertising they would do and on the Boston affiliate of FOX, WFXT-25, there was no advertising at all for MITM, while I was watching. In contrast though, I lost count of the number of That 70's Show promos they showed. I thought that was very odd, that both longtime shows didn't have equal promotion. I'm glad to hear though that L.A. had some good promotion for the finale.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
The promotions for Malcolm(or extreme lack thereof) can be summed up in one simple word: ratings. Just because Malcolm's ratings hadn't been too good this past season, they decided not to promote it....which, if you think about it, it's kind of stupid because if they did promote it, THE RATINGS WOULD BE BETTER!:mad: Man, I could run FOX better than FOX.