Re-Used Subplots

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Thought I would start a thread for MITM subplots that have been re-used.

Two I can think of:

Humilithon - Malcolm was going to crash Hal's car into Lois's so they would send him to Military School (already used with Francis)

Dewey's Special Class - Dewey was asked to take an IQ test to get into the Krelboyne class (already used with Malcolm)

Any others?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Good question, I'll have to think about that as I watch episodes.

Let's see, off the top of my head:
Hal's storyline in Mono was related to Block Party, and Lois' was a recaptured Smunday.

Hal looking for gifts has been a problem a few times. If Boys Were Girls and Hal Sleepwalks and Hal's Christmas Gift.

reese35

One I can think of at the bat - Lois dealing w/ chatty people. First w/ Meg and her husband at the "Company Picnic" and with Claire and her sister in "Malcolm Defends Reese".

Malcoholic

In the latest episode, "A.A.," the boys' subplot was essentially a reworking of the scene in "Carnival" where Dewey eavesdrops on Malcolm and Reese scheming to sneak off to the county fair, insists they take him along, and resists their attempts to intimidate him into staying. The difference is that in "Carnival" the theme was handled realistically, while "A.A." resorted to extreme exaggeration.