Messages of Condolance

The end of MITM (though somewhat expected) is still a travisty, particuarly when you bear in mind the tripe that English and US television stations are churning out (I'm not going to rant on about reality TV though!). Anyway, I feel we should pay our respects to the wanderful and fine program that is MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. Leave your messages below.

You'll be sadly missed by all, a true gem in the TV schedules a physical manfestation of brilliance on our screens. May you live forever in our minds, LOIS, HAL, MALCOLM, REESE, FRANCIS AND... DEWEY!

admin

Retired Administrator
Indeed it will be missed, but at least we will have the re-runs to constantly remind us of the "good ol' days" :D

reese35

Yeah... second rate episodes that cut out most cold openers and about 90 seconds of footage to make room for commercials! (seething) But what can I say? An eppy's an eppy.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
reese35 said:
Yeah... second rate episodes that cut out most cold openers and about 90 seconds of footage to make room for commercials! (seething)

Because they were showing double episodes here they didn't show the cold openers for the 2nd episodes. And when it came time for an ad-break (three per episode :mad:) they didn't actually pause the episode to cut to the ad-break, so when the ad-break ended, they cut off a few seconds / a couple of times a sentence of someone speaking. On a few occasions they timed the ad-breaks with changes in scene, but still cut out a few seconds.

And most of you guys would already have the earlier season eps, so it would be better watching them ad-free and uncut. Which is what I might do on Saturday nights now in the EX-timeslot MITM WAS on.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Amigo22 said:
Because they were showing double episodes here they didn't show the cold openers for the 2nd episodes. And when it came time for an ad-break (three per episode :mad:) they didn't actually pause the episode to cut to the ad-break, so when the ad-break ended, they cut off a few seconds / a couple of times a sentence of someone speaking. On a few occasions they timed the ad-breaks with changes in scene, but still cut out a few seconds.

And most of you guys would already have the earlier season eps, so it would be better watching them ad-free and uncut. Which is what I might do on Saturday nights now in the EX-timeslot MITM WAS on.
Man, you are one dedicated MITM fan! :D You really have to fight to see the show.

reese35

Amigo22 said:

And Reese35.... shouldn't you change your username to Reese300 now? :D

Really, National 9's that low? And good crack about reese300!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
@ Yardgames - yep :(.

Reese35 - yep, and ratings don't even matter at the moment since it's during the summer, so they've really got no reason to cancel it :mad:. Maybe I'll try writing to them and request info, and then I might know what's going on.

It's off in NZ at the moment and they're not doing summer reruns since they do what Fox US do and show reruns during the year, but when I last looked at that site a while back, they were showing Season 6 so they'll be up to Season 7 when ratings season starts :(.

D

Deleted member 1693

Love the vocabulary. :)

And there's a lot of scattered information about it, but whatever happened with that station and the show?