Malcolm has been cancelled !

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I have my own question. Someone mentioned the last ep is a 2-parter. 2-parter as in hour-long send-off or split into two separate weeks?

And I have an answer to J's question. David's subscription on the Cybersplat servers ends every November. He barely had enough money to pay the bill last year and no longer needs the domain for his web-design business, as he's going to concentrate on school when he moves to university next fall. Therefore, for the forums to survive, you all need to keep them active and perhaps donate a bit here or there to good ol' Davey Boy.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yardgames said:
Well, I have my own question. Someone mentioned the last ep is a 2-parter. 2-parter as in hour-long send-off or split into two separate weeks?

And I have an answer to J's question. David's subscription on the Cybersplat servers ends every November. He barely had enough money to pay the bill last year and no longer needs the domain for his web-design business, as he's going to concentrate on school when he moves to university next fall. Therefore, for the forums to survive, you all need to keep them active and perhaps donate a bit here or there to good ol' Davey Boy.

- if i remeber rightly money wasnt an issue last time - ok he wanted to make some money but it wasnt a huge deal - also since when did he stop needing cybersplat for webdesigns? he just launched a new site.

If have allready offered bandwidth/webspace for the site so things like that shouldnt be a problem. The only reason the forums would die is if people stopped visiting.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, this is certainly sucky news. But to be honest, Im not sad at all. I think its great the show is going out with a great season. What you guys rather have-a show which goes on and on until people are really tired of it and it is cancelled OR a show that will end on a very high note with a great final season? I know my pick.
Alot of people get sad at the end of a show because they think that they will never see those actors they love so much. Thankfully for MITM, that is not the case. Frankie is a big actor in movies, so we know well see him. Bryan Cranston is now producing/directing, so well see him again. Justin Berfield will certainly keep acting and he even has his own damn production company (Justin's on a roll, if you ask me:D ). To tell you the truth, I am worried about what Jane Kazmarek is going to do. She was always one of my favs.
Im not going to lie, it sucks to see Malcolm go, but we were all expecting it and I am not sad about it at all. Im thankful we got to see seven great seasons. God be with all the cast and crew.:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
J. said:
One more question:

Will we still have these forums after MITM is cancelled?

I hope so. Even though the forum is for discussing MITM, the people here make it so much more than just a place to talk about a tv show. We've all sort of bonded and I would hate to think it will just be gone when the show ends. (Great, now I'm getting sentimental. :D )

samboo1

Do you think, that if the DVD's come out, that the other seasons wont have as many extras or anything? Coz if they do, like put them in talking about season 3 or something, it would be better if they actually looked as if they were from season 3...or maybe they have done that to save it for when they do come out...:confused:

cranstonfan

Speaking of the ensuing seasons 2-7 DVD sets, those will at least give us further MITM topics to discuss even if the series has ceased production, especially since FOX seems to be so slow in releasing them. Just a thought.

admin

Retired Administrator
J. said:
One more question:

Will we still have these forums after MITM is cancelled?

To answer the question, the forums will remain until November/December at least. If at that point there appears to be little interest in the forums and they are gradually dying off then they'll be closed, if they remain as active as they are now then they will remain open for as long as I can be bothered to fund them. At current advertising on the main VC is going extremly well, and my current projection is that it will easily earn enough for the forums. Since most of you are poor students, the way you can help is not to grumble when we have advertising campaigns! :D

We may find that since we are the larger of the MITM fansites, and the possibility of the FOX MITM forums closing, we will still gain members. Remember that it is only in the US that MITM has been cancelled. Many countries have not seen some of the later seasons, and many people will get hooked on reruns!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Remember that it is only in the US that MITM has been cancelled. Many countries have not seen some of the later seasons, and many people will get hooked on reruns!

Here in Australia they are airing Season 6 at the moment, I'm not sure when Season 7 will be shown but at least it will be a while before it ends here :)

allison

I was expecting it, too, but still I´m a little sad. :( It´s good that the show will end on a high note, but I think I´ll miss it anyway. Malcolm in the middle 2000-2006 looks so sad...:( :rolleyes:
But I think it had a great run and we can always watch the old episodes.

Malcolm_Lover<3

I was expecting it to... but still i will miss it!
It's like when friends got canceled i was also happy that it ended in a high note but still...!:(
Its sad but i do hope the forum stays so we can still talk about it :)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
One word: Crap!

Okay, we all already expected this, and it is better if the show is canceled on a rather high niveau, but anyways this makes me totally sad. I mean, there are only few days left on which you look forward to seeing a brand new episode the whole day long...
Another cruel fact is that the day after the final show i'll have to do my A-levels in economics. I hope I'll be able to concentrate :(

ReMoss85

Sentimental time. How many people here have been with the show since January 9th, 2000? I remember watching on that Sunday and then being happy that they were re-airing it the following Tuesday so that I could tape it.

Also, when was Jesse Jackson on?

Kratos

That's both good and bad news, 7 seasons is the norm for most TV shows lately. Its got loads to look back on and enjoy. Frankly this last season is one of the worst so far, and its because they are older, lack of storylines. etc. So glad they arent gonna risk another season which could kill it.

We had a awesome 7 years and that's something I dont think any of us will forget. :)

Movies are always a option too you know...

Malcoholic

I'm more relieved than sad. The show is going to end with the dignity it deserves. I'm sure everyone involved in the show has accepted that this is the last season, and they are ending it on their own terms, with superbly written episodes and a deep commitment to qualilty from the directors and the cast. It's also time for the younger cast members especially to move on--I look forward to great things from these immensely talented guys.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
David said:
Since most of you are poor students, the way you can help is not to grumble when we have advertising campaigns!
I can tell that was aimed right at me. Maybe if you didn't have such distracting advertising campaigns! :D Anyway, I agree with most of you that it's good the show goes out on a high note. But it's like, it's like, you've known it was coming, but when it's confirmed, it's still sad and it still takes awhile for it to sink in. Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now. We can be glad and sad at the same time, and enjoy the last few episodes as much as we can. :)

reese35

Amigo22 said:
Here in Australia they are airing Season 6 at the moment, I'm not sure when Season 7 will be shown but at least it will be a while before it ends here :)

What channel? Last I heard, Nine Network got it until they put it out.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
yardgames said:
Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now.

Well, what a nice comparison... :D