Little Things That We Don't Know About You

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I saw a thread like this on SafeSearching and I thought it might be fun to bring here. The idea is to get to know each other better by writing a few unusual things about yourself that we don't know.

I guess the biggest thing about me is that I’m a total perfectionist (and probably have a touch of OCD to go along with it.) I spend hours trying to get things just right. It can be school work, cleaning, painting/art, or whatever. And even when I think I have things like I want them, I usually end up going back and tweaking them a little more (hence the reason that I’m always editing my posts. ;) )

I’m also bit of a germophobic. I’m constantly washing my hands and I can’t stand touching anything dirty (like taking out the trash.) I have this really weird issue with ice. I won’t use the ice in the ice maker because people’s hands have been on it and I have no way of knowing if they bothered to wash them first. So I have my own personal ice tray (I know, I’m a freak. :D ) And now I get all my drinks with no ice when I eat out because they recently had a story on the news about a local student who did a science experiment where she was comparing the amount of bacteria on a fast food restaurant’s ice to the amount of bacteria on the restaurants’ toilets. Would you believe that she found that the ice in most of the restaurants she sampled has more bacteria on it? :eek: I try not to eat fast food too much anyway because I don’t even want to think about what goes on in those places (plus it’s really fattening!)

I’m a huge arachnophobic. I don’t just not like spiders, I actually have a mild panic attack when I see one in my house—especially one of those really ugly ones! A spider crawled under my bed before I could kill it (because I was totally freaking out and everyone else was asleep) not too long ago and I stayed awake all night because I was afraid that it was going to crawl on me while I was sleeping. The next day I fumigated my whole bedroom with a half a can of bug spray. :D

I like snakes (not that unusual, but a little strange for a girl I guess.) I’d like to get a python, but I can’t because I couldn’t bring myself to feed it live mice. My family has lots of other animals though—a macaw (parrot) that talks, a rottweiler that’s very sweet, a cat, and a horse. The horse is getting pretty old (she actually belongs to my older sister who got her when she was a little girl) so I can’t ride her much anymore.

So that’s all the unique stuff about me that I can think of right now. I’m sure you guys have some strange qualities to share too so let’s hear them! :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
okay..um...well, at school, when Im in class and the loudspeaker comes on and they ask for someone to come to the office, I always tense up for some reason.:D Also, Im kinda alert when Im walking around and if someone(even a friend) comes behind me and says,"hey" I sometimes jump into a martial arts fighting stance like their going to attack me(then I just look like a jackass when they don't.:D ). Also, sometimes(not much anymore) when I went for a walk or something I always walked on the wrong side of the road, where the cars are coming from behind where I can't see them. One last thing, anytime I do go for a walk and a neighbor's dog starts barking, I always tense up, especially if the dog is loose in their front yard(i always think it's gonna attack me:D ). Funny thing is that I do that same exact thing for all dogs, even if they are a foot tall!
That wraps me up. Like a taco.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
hey, I'm an artist. I write comics, and some of them can be really... graphic...and violent... to say the least. All my friends are in stitches when ever I crank out a new one. PM me if you want a sample. :D

I'm a Gamer, I play loots of video games when I'm not at school or on the forums, and guess all the senseless violence kinda helps me write all my comics. :D

If I start writing about my band, I won't stop, so I won't write anything, other then we're going to Baltimore, MD for the USSBA Grand National Championships!! Woot!!!!!

I'm also very paranoid. That's all I can say with letting the paranoid Justin come out and put tin foil over his head and wait for the satilites to leave. just kidding. :D

That's all I remember about me right now, so that's all I'm going to write. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, I'm paranoid, too. Everytime i see a police officer, for example, I think he will just walk over to me and suspect me. Or if someone wants to see my ticket on the train, I totally panic because I fear that I lost it. :D

One other thing is that I can't stand stupidity. I don't know, but if I'm explaining something for a really long time and then the other guy still doesn't understand it I could just blow up. Pretty bad attribute for someone who might become a teacher, isn't it ? :p

What else? hmm, I LOVE behaving like a dork on purpose. Me and my friends we love to just hang out and talk total crap and tell jokes which might only be funny in kindergarten or something, but they are so unfunny that we could really laugh our butts off.

Well, I could tell you some more things, but I don't want to frighten you, so I'll rather stop...

Some cool information about me:
I'm 154cm tall going on 155cm tall. I don't know how much i weigh. I love lots of things. I like playing the Diablo with my friends at school. I also love this site too!!
- My favourite colour is orange!!
- I watch practically any TV program like the O.C or Summerland!!
- I am obsessed with sweets/candy!!
- I have brown hair and blue eyes!!
- I always use 2 exclaimation marks if you haven't noticed "!!"
- I think Ross from friends has a wierd face (random)!!
- I like tennis!!
- I can surf and i really enjoy it!!
- I go to a grammar school in the UK!!
Anyway that's a few main facts about me. If you want to know more, PM me or e-mail me!!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Dabney said:
One other thing is that I can't stand stupidity. I don't know, but if I'm explaining something for a really long time and then the other guy still doesn't understand it I could just blow up. Pretty bad attribute for someone who might become a teacher, isn't it ? :p

LOL, I'm the same way. I don't mind explaining something twice to someone, but when I keep trying to explain it over and over and they still don't get it, I just feel like screaming and strangling them. It's funny, cause I might be a teacher too. :D

samboo1

Hmmmm. Well i have like 4 different personalities. It's weird, there's like; A Sam that's really girly and stuck up, A Sam that's really geeky and laughs at anything (a common one), the depressive Sam, the quiet, listener Sam and the moaning Sam. OK that's 5 but still, it's weird, i cant help it, it kinda of depends of what people i am around as well.:cool:

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Wildcat said:
LOL, I'm the same way. I don't mind explaining something twice to someone, but when I keep trying to explain it over and over and they still don't get it, I just feel like screaming and strangling them. It's funny, cause I might be a teacher too. :D

That's cool, we'll be great teachers... :p Certainly ending up homeless and in alcoholism... (And/Or becoming like Herkabe)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
@ Christina & Dabney - I often don't understand what people are saying because of the complex words people use, especially Mum, she's always using weird words I don't know what the heck they mean.

And my parents are both starting to go a bit deaf so I'm constantly having to repeat myself, it's so annoying :mad:. It's weird because they're always complaining about how loud one of my sister's friends is when she and my sister are outside talking while they have a cigarette, yet when I'm talking to them in the same room as them they're like "What?" "What?" "What?"

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Amigo22 said:
@ Christina & Dabney - I often don't understand what people are saying because of the complex words people use, especially Mum, she's always using weird words I don't know what the heck they mean.

I can see why you wouldn't get something if people are explaining it in terms you don't understand. That's the way I feel when I"m sitting in class and the proffessor is going on and on about all this technical stuff and everyone is sitting there like "what the hell?" :D

I'm actually very patient (believe it or not). It's just when it's the 4th or 5th time I've tried to explain something to someone and it's like they're not even trying to understand it that I get irritated. Or when I have to tell someone how to do something every time they do it. For example, my dad is totally illiterate when it comes to computers, but I've showed him how to check is email and surf the internet numerous times. Yet every time he want to get on the computer, he wants me to show him again. I mean, how hard can it be to click on a few icons?

@Sam--So I guess that you're just a poster boy for normalcy since you didn't say anything about yourself. :D

han_keep_smilin

samboo1 said:
A Sam that's really geeky and laughs at anything (a common one), .:cool:

you even laugh at things like a tesco van driving past and a green and yellow bus!!:D

I have 2 different peronalities:-
hyper and mental ( usuall)
shy and quiet ( when the guy i fancy is around and when i am in class ):D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'm also a pyromaniac, like much of the trumpet section, I like it when stuff is on fire...

OOhhh... Senseless Act of Violence Justin (as wildcat likes to say, which I rather like the name) just ball-tapped someone at band class for no reason, he was hiding behind a gong, I had elbowed him (again for no reason) then someone hit him near the eye with a rubber band, and he couldn't see, so I ball-tapped him... he was on the floor for about 2 minutes.... Always kick them while they are down... always... then we gave Dave (a french horn player) a giant hug, while my section leader was blowing a rape whistle, and Dave came out wondering if he was pregnant... Then, while he was on the floor, we dragged him around the band room while he yelled "rape! rape!!"

That is a day in the life of Justin............. Now you know...

simon_4420

erm... There isn't much that I can say about myself that people would fined interesting...

I'm addictted to the lottery, get 2 tickets a week minimum, plus scratch cards! (how sad) I'm one of those people who realises right after what they should of said in response to something, and when I do say what I should of said, I end up in trouble and realise that there is a reason you think of it after!!!! Sometimes I would say that I am too blunt in letting people know just how little respect I have for them, which again gets me into trouble.
I love windsurfing and golf, and wine!! Nothing bets a well chosen wine to go with your dinner. I also really hate England and really want to move, but first I've got to get a career sorted out. So far I've thought of a few places I want to live, AUS, USA, maybe South Africa. No where in europe though. Like Wildcat I to can't stand spiders, I won't touch them unless it involves their death. Hate them with a passion! and snakes, i just freeze up. Oh and I am possible the worst person in the world at holding onto money, I CAN'T!! :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
simon_4420 said:
Like Wildcat I to can't stand spiders, I won't touch them unless it involves their death. Hate them with a passion! and snakes, i just freeze up.

At least you can get close enough to kill them. I freak just trying to do that. :D Snakes are cool though. Have you ever held one? They're so smooth, not scaly and gross at all. I went to an alligator farm last summer and they had snakes there so asked one of the workers if I could hold one and he let me. I got to hold a ball python. It was sweet. :D

I thought of something else--I have a tattoo on my shoulder of a tiger. I got it almost 2 years ago when my friends and I all went on a trip together to celebrate graduation. We all decided to get tattoos. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
You think SNAKES are COOL?! :eek: This old lady who lives next door to us, her garden is waaaaay overgrown and I reckon there's probably snakes living in it, although fortunately I haven't seen any! :eek:

I can't stand spiders either. Or cockroaches (or any bugs). And it doesn't help when they (cockroaches) breed in the bath drainpipe in my bathroom. MASSIVE ones too....:eek: So I keep the plug in. I've had enough bad experiences at places we've rented where I've had cockroaches crawling on me :eek: Fe-fe used to bring in MASSIVE grasshoppers for a while too. Fortunately he doesn't any more :eek:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I will kill almost anything, as long as I have a blunt object, or a book of matches. :D Preferably both... hehehehe.....

simon_4420

Wildcat said:
At least you can get close enough to kill them. I freak just trying to do that. :D Snakes are cool though. Have you ever held one? They're so smooth, not scaly and gross at all.

Held one????? NO!!! lol snakes arent for holding or touching there are for, for, ..... something im sure, but diffinatly not holding! Closes I ever came to touch a snake was its shreded skin and that was bad enough, its the tongues that scare me most ,its like its being rude and scary at the same time then of course THEY BITE!!!!!!! and you die.

Tattoos are cool I want one the top of my arm, something weird and interesting that when you get bored you can stare at, maybe something that is as cool as Wentworth Millers tattoo on Prison Break, on a smaller scale of course! lol:D

samboo1

Cool tattoos:D Never expected you to be the type to get a tattoo Christina! I was slightly shocked :cool: I want a tattoo when im older, on my lower back. I dont know what of.