Jonathan Creek

As some of you may have noticed I like to get oppinions on other programmes, because Im interested in what people that like MITM think of other 'good' (in my oppinion) shows. So, Jonathan Creek, I believe it aired in the US. I really like the show, even though, I dislike most 'crime' dramas, because they tend to be predictable, whereas this one has such obscure explanations, it becomes fascinating. What does everyone else think??

Lol. thats a lot of shows, I mostly agree with you though. You like a lot of British shows- especially classic ones- i didnt realise so many were aired outside UK. Especially crap ones like Keeping Up Appearances. Alan Davies is actually a stand up comedian rather than an actor, although he has been in a few other British dramas. He also appears as a regular guest on a show called QI, which is about random trivia.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I enjoyed the early seasons starring Caroline Quentin - she is an amazing actress!

But for some reason, in the later episodes, they changed the woman to some blonde i don't like - Don't know who she is, but I say she lacks the acting ability to which Quentin posesses with ease. Unfortunately, she has brought down the show a few levels - 'Creek' lacks the dramatic elements and suspense it had in the early seasons.

The theme tune is good. Its one of the first things that hooked me into the show on first viewing. Its a piece called 'Danse Macabre' (Opus 40) by Camille Saint-Saens. Saint-Saens is my favourite 19th century French composer.

I completley agree, I feel that Caroline Quentin, is such a brilliant comedy actress, she made the show, extremely funny, whereas in the later seasons her replacment just didnt work quite as well. I agree I love the variation on Danse Macabre for the theme tune, there is in fact an eppisode named after the theme.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Werid - me and my mates have just recently decided to make creek fan club! ( i know where cool!) i love it, and have been watching it lots lately, most people as do i, dont like the blonde in the later episodes. i prefer classic creek! :D

Seems to be the general concensus that she is a bit crap, I think thats due to the fact shes replacing someone who was soo good in their role.

NB- Anyone in the US, if you havent seen Jonathan Creek, I strongly advise you watch it, its a thoroughly entertaining show. If you can get BBC America, the whole 4 series are being shown from the 6th September (next Tuesday) daily at 4.00pm. As I said, great show, try and catch it if you can:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/drama_mysteries/jonathan_creek/jonathan_creek.jsp

Dewey

Minimalistic
@Deweyrules - are you Alan Davies? :)
I agree with you though - it is a cool TV show. This is one British production, that I think the Americanss would enjoy viewing.

My favourite episodes are the one featuring Bob Monkhouse and the missing painting, and the one with the internationl business traveller able to be in London and New York at the samee time. It has been some time sicne I have seen "Creek", but I would not miss the opportunity to see one again.

@TJPeople - If you, or anyone else was to intoduce aa Jonathan Creek internet forum, i would certiaanly take a look!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well its a possibility, i loved too if i had the skill/money/time, maybe, nice to see you back darren, i know uve been back a while but i havent been around much of late :(

I used to have you on MSN but now uve gone ? :(

Dewey

Minimalistic
Yeah, I've stopped using MSN, and converted to the new Google Talk. I'm trying to convince everyone else I originally IMed with MSN, to convert also. :)