Frankie in Racing Car crash + Racing updates

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
LA Daily News

What is Frankie Muniz from "Malcolm in the Middle" doing in an Atlantic Series car?

He is racing an entry for Jensen MotorSport, one of three in the developmental series for Champ Car. He qualified 25th out of 30 cars that startedin the Atlantic race on Sunday.

He finished the race in in 19th place, surviving a series of crashes that took out much more experienced drivers.

"He's definitely improved a lot since he started," said Raphael Matos, winner of the Atlantic Series race. "The performance is there. He just needs to find it."

Muniz said he is putting his acting career on hold to pursue his auto racing aspirations.

Looks like winning the Toyota Pro/Celebrity race in the Grand Prix of Long Beach a couple years ago gave him some tremendous confidence.

"This race felt good," Muniz said. "I was a little disappointed in qualifying, but I was happy to be out there today. I had a great start to the race. I passed six cars at the start of the race. I was happy to be out there the whole race. It just proves the kind of shape that I'm in. I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot and I can't wait for the next race (in Houston)."

LA Times

"Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz, who crashed in his Atlantic debut last week in only his second year of professional racing, started 25th and finished 19th in the 29-car field, 47.1 seconds behind the winner.

More Great info at http://www.frankiemunizracing.com/

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, I thought he was actually involved in a serious crash when I read this headline! I really wish Frankie would stop racing before he really does get hurt.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I knew people would think that if i used that title but there aint any other way of saying it without making the headline too long!

Im not actualy clear what happen i the two articles maybe about 2 different races..oe where he missed a crash on the track and one where he did crash :S

D

Deleted member 1693

I always thought it was odd for Frankie to spiral into racing. Did he really plan it for himself in advance? I read some interviews and stuff and I know that he's not such a big fan of the entertainment industry anymore... but racing?!

D

Deleted member 1693

Hm. Maybe it's just me, but it seems really (for lack of a better word) random.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
After acting, definitely. Personally, I've always thought it was a bad choice for Frankie and personally I think it's taken his life in a bad direction. But it's Frankie's life, not mine. And if he has a dream he might as well pursue it while he has the ability.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yeah. Even though there are many other areas he could have explored with his current abilities, we can't do anything about it.

Excuse me for basically repeating what you said. xD

MalcolmFun

I think it's taken his life in a bad direction.

I find that comment silly. It is the actors who live and breath Hollywood 24/7 that end up messed up. He has one foot at least in a world where he deals with normal people everyday and people don't kiss his ass.

Why was Erik Per Sullivan still bussing tables at a restaurant after he was no doubt already a millionare? Because his parents probably understood this.

Nico21

He races Formula 1 right?
No, Frankie races in Champ Car Atlantic Championship. The cars look like Formula 1 but the level of performance is a little lower (F1 have more HP and benefit of more aerodynamical research).

[edit] didn't see there was a 2nd page on the topic with the answer...

Last edited: