Episode faq

I thought it might be a good idea to start a little thread, allowing us to ask those little questions, that don't quite warrant a new thread, but are interesting anyway. So, if you have any little points to raise about any of the episodes, why not state your oppinion, ask the question or ask others opinions.

I'll beign, just watching S3- Malcolm's Girlfriend
- Dabney's love for Malcolm
When talking about Malcolm, Dabney indicates his potential love and desire for Malcolm, 'How could anyone say no to those eyes (sigh)'

Do you think this idea continues throughout the seasons, or is it just a throw away joke?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: faq the marathon

I think Dabney pure and simple is gay. It's not so much Malcolm, but any male or authority figure, his mother included. :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

The impression they put across is thats he's gay, the malcolm thing and the 'Mummys Boy" stereotype thing. The whole gay thing seems to follow Dabney around....War At Home. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Yeah, when you watch the marathon it's really obvious that they just sort of simmer out and disappear. I know the actors all got into other projects, but there were a few times when it would have been perfect to bring back even one or two.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

The last episoe I recall seeing them all together in was "Academic Octathlon." Would have been interesting if they'd been in "Morp" - they'd all have been a part of Malcolm's "gathering" too probably.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

That really should have been the last time we saw them. I mean, I loved Morp, but seeing even one or two Krelboynes would have made it even better--it was definitely missing something without them. Other than Stevie, we saw Lloyd in Baby, but I don't think we've seen any of them since then.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I got a question about Reese that has to do with the different episodes.
Did anyone notice how when Reese got into something that involved responsibility, he always seemed to get alot smarter and such? Like when he got his apartment, he buckled down and did homework. When he got married to Raduca, he got really serious. But then....afterwards, when he doesn't have a responsibility anymore, he once again becomes a dumbass.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's true, but that's sort of the same with all the boys, probably a gene--like Hal can be all crazy and what-not but he's definitely the most serious when it comes to finances. And Malcolm's serious most of the time because seriousness is required for genius-work.

Isn't it supposed to be reflective of the bad influence Lois has on them, i.e. when she's not around, they don't feel a need to cause trouble and are willing to work hard. This was shown in Reese's Apartment, whereby Lois felt obselete now that Reese was more successful on his own. Although he did turn out to be a dumbass in that episode with the $12000 debt.