A rather random thread about a TV show, starting your own country, & the Dubai Creek

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: How to start a country

Emrysgirl said:
@Dewey I can't make out what you're new avatar is.
Thats an image of Dubai Creek in UAE. The picture is not very good. I had to do a lot of reducing the size and quality in order for it to fit.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: A rather random thread about a TV show, starting your own country, & the Dubai Cr

Something like that....

I mean, I could invade parts of the Middle East for no other reason than to extract valuable resources such as gold, diamonds and oil. To do this, I'll just claim that they have weapons of mass destruction and that the whole world is in danger if we do not attack.

.....Then again, i don't want New-Sealand to be completely like America.

Emrysgirl

Re: A rather random thread about a TV show, starting your own country, & the Dubai Creek

I see you've made an even more mystereious choice for you signature. Care to explain?:)

I know its a bit random opening this thread again, however with the original point of this thread- English TV show 'how to start your own country', having recently ended, I thought Id update you guys. Basically in the end, the guy turned his flat in London into a country- 'Lovely'. He gained citizens through the web, rather than them living in the country itself, they become members of the country and open embassies where they live, for example when I became a citizen my home in became an embassy of Lovely. He created his own flag, his own (limited) constitution of law and order- the sole rule being 'Be good' and his own currency the Interdependant.Occupational.Unit, where you the money itself is a donation of time from one individual to another. Theres so much other stuff which was covered in the programmes that Ive not got the time to list, if you are interested visit the website, I think Ive mentioned it at the beginning and I dont want to be accused of spamming so I wont mention it agian :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Lol this was a great thread...we ought to do more completely random threads like this.